Bloom Upcycle Boutique is open to all Seaholm and Groves students every Tuesday during both lunches and immediately after school in the Seaholm High School Cafeteria.
Bloom encourages students to reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Instead of paying for items at Bloom, students simply write notes of gratitude about their schools, teachers, and staff to help create a caring and positive community.
Bloom runs on donations and is always looking for gently used clothing and other items high school students love such as jewelry, accessories, athletic gear, college gear, winter items including coats and boots, candles, sunglasses, young adult books, test prep workbooks and Seaholm and Groves caps and gowns.
Items can be dropped off in the Seaholm security vestibule at 2436 W. Lincoln Street from 8-3 on school days. Please label items, BLOOM.
Volunteer with Forgotten Harvest
ROYAL OAK WAREHOUSE
Volunteers are needed to help pack emergency food boxes that will be distributed through Wayne, Oakland, and Macomb County. These opportunities are Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – noon and 1-4 p.m. at the Royal Oak warehouse.
The Park West Foundation: How You Can Help
The Park West Foundation, founded by Park West Gallery, actively assists young adults aging out of the foster care system. At 18 years of age, these young adults are cut off from assistance and are left to fend for themselves with no home, job prospects, and limited education.
The Park West Foundation began with 9 young adults and that number has now grown to over 100! While we begin by providing the basics (food, clothing and shelter), we can proudly say we now have 12 young adults attending college!
The Park West Foundation needs your help to assist these young adults. Below is a list of items required for day to day living. If you would like to donate any of the items below, please call 1-800-521-9654 x 1281 for details.
- Winter Coats, Hats, Gloves, Scarves, Boots (Men, Women, Child, Infant)
- Clothing (Men, Women, Child, Infant) – especially business/interview attire/suits
- Shoes (Men, Women, Child, Infant)
- Hygiene Products – shampoo, soap, toothpaste, etc.
- Diapers (sizes 1-4)
- School Supplies – paper, folders, pens, pencils, Texas Instruments Calculators
- College Level Dictionaries & Thesauruses
- Twin Bedding – sheets, pillowcases
- Bed Pillows
- Bath Towels – including washcloths, hand towels, bath mats
- Kitchen/Tableware – plates, glasses, silverware, pots, pans, serving pieces
- Small Appliances – toasters, microwaves, other small kitchen appliances
- Irons & Ironing Boards
- Lamps, Mirrors, Dressers
- Kitchen Tables & Chairs
- Small Couches, Side Tables & Chairs
- Baby Furniture
For more information visit ParkWestFoundation.org.